Can't get note boat to work

Read about new features and report bugs.
koenig

Can't get note boat to work

Postby koenig » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:30 pm

So, I've played all the other programs and they are amazing. I can't ever seem to get note boat to work though. When I click basically any button it says "An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled. The application must shut down." I'm really more into apa and interval loader anyway but I figured I'd let you know to see if anyone else has experienced this.

schu

Same problem with note boat

Postby schu » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:18 pm

I was getting this same error in the demo and am now getting it in the purchased version....

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Do you only get the error when you click things, or when you use the keyboard as well--?

schu

Note Boat Problem

Postby schu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:24 am

In the demo I got it when I clicked anything. In the purchased version, that works, but I get the error when I click on anything for boxes with separate tones. I am not sure how to use the keyboard in note boat - is that in the help somewhere?

thanks!

schu

hmmm

Postby schu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:25 am

When I said "that works", I should have said that I could choose the chord symbol for boxes where a chord had sounded.

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:42 am

I probably haven't written a document explaining the keyboard options, have I.. Note Boat is still a beta..

the keys, though, are the same as Interval Loader.

schu

ok

Postby schu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Thanks! It works fine with the shortcuts!

Wade

Postby Wade » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:46 pm

aruffo wrote:the keys, though, are the same as Interval Loader.

That aspect of the game confused me. When I saw that the icons were the same as in Interval Loader I figured the program was meant to teach relative pitch recognition, kind of like Edwin Gordon's "pitch patterns." (I still think it would work really well that way---maybe with a drone for reference.) Turns out the icons don't follow movable-'Do'/tonic solfa (i.e, "Do" as tonic), like they do in Interval Loader, but fixed-'Do' solfege('Do' as 'C') instead.

I tried ignoring the symbols and playing with my eyes off the screen, but by now the shortcuts, too, I associate pretty strongly with harmonic intervals. Seems like this game would benefit especially from MIDI controller input.

Return to “Updates and fixes”