octaves or not?

Read about new features and report bugs.
coolerd

octaves or not?

Post by coolerd » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:25 am

chris,
i think that introducing some octaves before you master a new pitch would be better.
the chroma gets so much more obvious when you have to learn some octaves. the very low and very high octaves could be introduced after you've mastered all the pitches, as they are really difficult.
sam

coolerd

Post by coolerd » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:30 am

and some other thing i forgot to say about the new version of APB is that the ratio of "new pitch to learn"/"old pitches" seems to be very high again.
i'm on the blue level and only one in five missiles (at most) seems to be a red one.

i thought the ratio would be 50/50?

KosciaK

Post by KosciaK » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:00 pm

Hello!

It would be nice to hear from someone who started with "octaveless" version. For me introducing new octaves forced me to define Xness more precisely. Maybe comparing two notes would have the same effect?

Greetings!
KosciaK

etaxier

Post by etaxier » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:40 pm

I had the octave version through blue captain before the octaves were taken out. Personally I like the new "octaveless" version since it has let me concentrate on comparisons. The octaves will come eventually, regardless.

And in the newest version you can "point it out" if you hear a G in another octave, even if there's a red missile.

aruffo
Site Admin

Post by aruffo » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:07 pm

The octaves will be brought back in after all 12 pitches have been blasted. I haven't written that yet.