ETC update suggestions?

Read about new features and report bugs.
aruffo
Site Admin

ETC update suggestions?

Postby aruffo » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:04 am

I'm thinking about ETC 4.1-- the difference between 4.0 and 4.1 will essentially be the updates I make to Chordfall. Right now, the updates I'm planning are these:

- multiple-octave voicings for each chord
- include dim7
- remove "inversions" of augmented triad
- allow user-defined custom chord structures
- allow 9ths and wider chords

I'm also thinking about adding a "chord degrees" game on Interval Loader, where the player identifies the root degree of various kinds of chord structures, if people think that'd be helpful.

All other suggestions are welcome.!

stef

Postby stef » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:08 am

To me the identification of "chord degrees" seems to be the most important.

Axeman

Postby Axeman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:28 pm

I think that a chord degrees aspect to the game would be cool. Something akin to what has been mentioned in the forum to do with hearing at first one then two, then three etc degrees both melodically and harmonically. Sometimes I get the feeling that this is what is being trained in APP because i only retain a general idea of where a pitch lies... e.g. sometimes a blue pitch will sound brown to me upon first hearing and only later becomes apparent to that colour when compared to others.
What would be really cool would be a degree training game that coud read midi responses from an external keyboard or midi guitar. Then you could play in real time and develop your playing skills as well as your ear.

Return to “Updates and fixes”