Interval Loader crash...

Read about new features and report bugs.
jonjoh

Interval Loader crash...

Postby jonjoh » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:16 am

Hi!

Sometimes when I'm playing Interval loader the ETC program crashes with the only information:

"An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down."

and then after pressing "ok" the program shuts down.

Has anyone experienced this and/or have a solution? :)

(Hope there isn't any other topic about the same problem. I checked but didn't find any.)

Thanks!

aruffo
Site Admin

Re: Interval Loader crash...

Postby aruffo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:27 am

That is a new one for Interval Loader. What level are you playing?

jonjoh

Postby jonjoh » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:11 am

Okay! :)
I'm playing at level 89.
But if I'm not mistaken I think it has been going on for a while, maybe since the beginning of the "combination-levels" but I'm not sure...

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:10 am

Ah.. hm. I was afraid that there were still some bugs lingering in the combination levels.

It'd be good if you could send me your ETC* files by e-mail... that'd give me the scores and level that you're playing.

jonjoh

Postby jonjoh » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:04 am

Okay! I'll mail you the files! :)

Another thing I've noticed is that it seems to me that some intervals where the root note is sounded, in the combination levels, doesn't work. I simply get a "wrong answer" although I'm pretty sure it were supposed to be right. I'm not 100% sure of this, it could be that I'm not focused enough to notice it but I really don't think so as I've noticed the same thing several times...

Thanks!

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:30 am

Ergh... those combination levels. I think I might've mislabeled inversions in the code.. hard to say, though; it's been a while.

jonjoh

Postby jonjoh » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:49 am

Okay!

It's a pity because at those levels I find the game so interesting and I really feel that the training is great for developing relative pitch and to apply it to a musical context. Especially to be able to play "what I hear in my head". It's as if the training in this way makes the notes really "distinguish"/stand out from each other, which I find makes playing "by ear" more fun and easy. It's a great ground to "base" your ear from. :)

It would be so great if you could post a quick reply if you should solve the problems.
Thanks! :)

Return to “Updates and fixes”