What are some cool things you're able to do now?

Talk about what you've discovered by using ETC-- and post your high ranks!
steveAZ

What are some cool things you're able to do now?

Postby steveAZ » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:36 am

I know this opens the door to some ridiculous replies (they are also welcome), but I was just wondering if you guys can share what kind of new abilities you possess after training with ETC. Whether or not we call it AP or RP or even something completely different, can you hear music differently? In a much more useful/practical way?

If so, can you also share how long you've been training as well as a sample regimen? Did you use any other program/audio course/exercises than ETC to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

siamon

Postby siamon » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:06 am

The more I streamline my AP eartraining, and the more I focus on this 'pitch chroma' thing, the more I feel that 'pitch chroma', or at least a considerable portion of the basic perception of pitches sounding different from one another is a function of timbre. Or, more specifically, the way each pitch as a fundamental with a specific 'locked in' set of overtones occupies not just one location, but a group of locations along the basilar membrane.

Space

Postby Space » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Ok, I'm confused. That post is by someone named "siamon" yet, it is my words.

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:53 pm

It could be a spambot. I'm pretty diligent about catching and banning most spambots that make it through the automatic filters (this is why I had to change from open forum to registered-user-only).

On the other hand, "siamon" hasn't posted any spammy links in the forum, and their user profile doesn't have any advertising links in it, so it could just be a database error.

Strange!

aleeza

post a link

Postby aleeza » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:52 am

I've seen that.. I wonder if the "fooling" is comparable to color illusions.

Return to “Your observations”