KosciaK's observations

Talk about what you've discovered by using ETC-- and post your high ranks!
KosciaK

Postby KosciaK » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:28 am

Sometimes yes. Especially with CEG - I knew there's C and G and I could hear them clearly and loudly. And there is the third note that seemes almost completely irrelevant., I knew it was there but had no idea what it is (like my brain would not care about it)

Roman

Postby Roman » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:48 pm

Hi!,
I just read this thread and I wanted to tell kosciak that his experiences have been encouraging.

I think it's good to know that getting use to AP is not a matter of days but it is indeed a task needed of work - as much as learning a language-.

Thank you for sharing!

KosciaK

Postby KosciaK » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:28 pm

It's even harder then learning a new language. But I feel it is possible, it only takes lots of work. And when I say lots of work I mean LOTS of work.

When I think about it now it seems to me that ETC changed a bit the way I listen to music. Now it's more of listening to the pitches itself - the uniqueness of the sound of every pitch is now more evident to me. Before it was more of listening to what is in between the notes. Listening to all this "tension - release" created by the notes.
I can't name the tones, even C rarely "jump out" at me in normal music. But it sometimes does in not very musical contexts. For example some time ago I was watching to an episode of "My family" and there was a scene where a son of a head of the family "repaired" the piano. The father struck a key, then another one and it was the same tone as the first one. As soon as he pressed the third key and the same tone ringed I started to laugh because it was all middle C.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:54 pm

Kocsiak on page 1, you mentioned that other X-nesses of notes sound like C-ness. I'm curious: what are these, and how do or did these sound like C?

Lilycy amail

Postby Lilycy amail » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 am

habit of looking for it. For now I haven't noticed any Cs "jumping" on me when listening for normal music but on the other hand I'm not trying to hear it the way I do it while playing APB

Return to “Your observations”