Maybe a Shorter Word For "G"

Talk about what you've discovered by using ETC-- and post your high ranks!
mblaisus

Maybe a Shorter Word For "G"

Postby mblaisus » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:47 am

Hi Chris

I wonder if you might consider a shorter melody word for "G"?
The G-G-G-Eb from Ludwig's 5th is good but the F-F-F-D that follows
seems a little irrelevant and perhaps even confusing. When I first started that level, I got blasted several times B4 I realized that the target pitch was the G and not the final D. How about G-G-G-Eb by itself?

M

KosciaK

Postby KosciaK » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:09 pm

I use an fragment from Rosemary's Baby:
G Ab Bb Ab G G F G Ab G F Ab G

mblaisus

shorter word for G

Postby mblaisus » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:14 am

There is (obviuosly) a way to reset the word, then? I havn't figured that out yet. How to do?

M

etaxier

Postby etaxier » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:43 pm

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:37 am

I've been using "Lightly Row" (from the Suzuki book) as my G-word.

Space

Postby Space » Mon May 18, 2015 3:39 am

I've always felt that one should be able to input their own melody word somehow. Personally, I think music that has a strong emotional impact to the individual is remembered more clearly - like when one gets a song stuck in one's head. I've imagined a little app where one can take a recording and crop out a couple seconds of an actual song that is memorable to oneself specifically and that contains the desired note. Then, that little snippet can be plugged into whichever egg represents that note.

And while we're at it, I've also felt that one should be able to choose one's own colors for each egg. I have grapheme synesthesia, so my mind's eye 'sees' specific colors for each letter of the alphabet and number. It'd be nice if I could align those internal colors with the eggs in APA.

Just a few thoughts!

vanselm

customized melodies

Postby vanselm » Tue May 19, 2015 6:49 pm

I agree completely with Space. If we could use our own personal melodic references, that would mean an interesting improvement.
For instance: I am over level 135(?) now, so I can use another tone. The blue egg plays Beethoven. I love Beethoven, but I would rather another melody word. Or at least, if I could change those shyntesized notes with a more realistic version...

Return to “Your observations”