New with this method and I'd like to ask some questions

Talk about what you've discovered by using ETC-- and post your high ranks!
vanselm

New with this method and I'd like to ask some questions

Postby vanselm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:43 am

Hello everyone.
I'm completely new with this method for learning perfect pitch (I'm trying David Burge method too). I downloaded the demo and I'm trying the exercices, principally Absolute Pitch Avenue, that it's a quite nice and addictive game. Anyway, I see that Absolute Pitch Painter is not inside the demo, so I suppose I'd get it if I'd buy the commercial version. Is this correct?
I wonder too if this Absolute Pitch Painter is supposed to be the main exercise for developping AP, because now, using only APAvenue, I don't see the mechanism to get it.
Thank you in advance.

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:23 am

Hm! I wasn't sure that the demo for v6 was still out there.

Absolute Pitch Painter is part of v7; you can find that demo here for PC or here for Mac.

vanselm

Postby vanselm » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Thank you very much for the links.
I've been studyng your eartraining website, and I think is amazing. I'd never thought I could find so many and interesting material on this subject!
About my experience with Burge's method, really, I bought his method several years ago (on cassettes!), but it seems I did't get to much success :) , so I'm giving it another try at this digital era, although, clearly, there is something weird with his history.

Can`t wait to try Absolute Pitch Painter!

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:11 pm

The deceased pianist is a different guy with the same name.!

vanselm

Postby vanselm » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Clearly, I can see now you are right! Wikipedia relates erroneusly the American pianist with the same name, with the perfect pitch ear training course.
Otherwise, the updated David Burge's photo that appears on his own website doesn't match to a man around sixty years old he should have now, according to his own narration. It's some kind of identity hoax.
I'm still reading your researchs from the beginning. Very interesting the vowels subject.
I hope I can contribute to this site with some experience.

Return to “Your observations”