Adraw's observations

Talk about what you've discovered by using ETC-- and post your high ranks!
adraw

Adraw's observations

Postby adraw » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Hello all.

As this is my first post, I guess, I should introduce myself a little. I am working as a software engineer in Germany, and I am learning to play guitar for maybe two and a half years. Recently I started my singing lessons and stumbled upon an Idea of perfect pitch training. Made some research in interned and found this page.

My responsibility in our software company is to analyse different kinds of problems and find design solutions for them. Maybe that is why I like this site and forum so much, because it is much different than the other sites out there, which only promise results, without any scientific basis.

I started with Absolute Pitch Avenue today for the first time, and must say... It blew my mind. Right now i am in Ave 38 and must confess I have never heard C disguised in so many ways.

What I first found out is, that I listened to how the instrument {in my case digital piano} specifically vibrates, to recognize the sound, then later i started to recognise the underlying sinus frequency of the tone, and even later some kind of shade of C.

I must say, that it realy forces the brain to pinpoint that exact frequency out of all the possibilities. Really nice piece of software.

adraw

Postby adraw » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Today I made it to Avenue 61. I have to say, it was not easy. I made pretty a lot of mistakes, because I could not pinpoint the right frequency. I have to say, my sound perception was also not as good as yesterday. It felt really difficult to discern the chroma in some cases. I found out, that my strategy as of before was to listen more to the instrument itself and how it plays the note, not the note itself. Sometimes I event felt I forgot, which chroma I was listening to.

I will need to work more on listening to the tone itself within the chords, not on the instrumental rendition itself.

:)

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:51 am

H'lo Adraw.! I'm glad you're enjoying the program.. and thanks for sharing your experience.

aleeza

post a link

Postby aleeza » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:51 am

What I found is that after working with those two pitches I was pretty much able to hear in the same basic fashion while listening to this tune. When I set my focus on "G", I hear all the Gs pop out in the piano lines and when I focus on "C", I hear all the Cs.

Return to “Your observations”