glitches

Talk about what you've discovered by using ETC-- and post your high ranks!
Marc

glitches

Postby Marc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Chris, Note Boat's instructions are insufficient, Im not sure what to do and I'm wasting time, grr. Maybe I'm stupid but I need more detailed instructions.

As well, Chordhopper does not work nor appear like the instructions, ie the "scale bar" is a circle that appears, don't know what to do with it, it covers up the pond and the frog disappears. Glitchy.

zacxpacx

Postby zacxpacx » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 pm

Marc, I can help your questions, but the simplest solution is for you to explore the games on your own, pressing buttons, listening to the sounds, and learning on your own how the games are played.

When the scale circle appears in Chordhopper the game plays a chord. You're supposed to click all the graphemes you hear in the chord. You repeat this several times before the scale circles moves away and you resume hopping with the frog.

Note Boat I do admit has insufficient instructions, but I wouldn't worry yourself too much with that game. The games that have received the most thought and have a clear benefit are APA, Chord Hopper, and Interval Loader. Interval Loader is the only game as of now that is "complete". APA doesn't teach absolute pitch, yet. And although Chordhopper does technically teach you to separate out notes in a chord, it will become far more useful once perfect pitch becomes available.

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:47 pm

It should be fairly simple.. listen to the stream, and as it plays, press the keys corresponding to what you hear.

EDIT: And thanks zacxpacx for the fuller explanation.

Return to “Your observations”