I don't always want to hear the melody

Comments and questions about AP Avenue.
SteveA

I don't always want to hear the melody

Postby SteveA » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:29 am

I'm at level 134 or on the red egg, and now I've started on the blue egg.

I'm really enjoying using APA and chordhopper. I'm sure I can hear the chroma in notes and chords now. The issue is now how to tell them apart.

I want to mention a very minor thing about how I'm using APA. It's very minor, and I have a decent workaround, so I remain very happy with APA. Even so, I'll explain it here.

When I start a session in APA, I'd like to choose a starting level (I often start from level one), and then listen to the unpainted eggs, paint the ones that have the right sound, and then go on to the next level.

But, APA won't let me do that. The "GO!" button doesn't work unless I also press the blue egg to listen to Beethoven's Fifth.

The thing is, I want to just listen to the sounds, and identify them, without having the explicit cue.

I can work around this by turning the volume down, or I guess replacing the trigger with a silent midi file. But, I think it would be nice if on starting the game, it lets me proceed to the next level without listening to the melody, provided I identify the eggs correctly.

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:56 pm

So noted. It only does this at the beginning of a session, though, and not at the beginning of every single game... right?

Stefan

Postby Stefan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:28 am

Steve you can do that though, hmmm, i've been doing what you are saying you want to do since I started, I hardly ever listen to the melody words...

SteveA

Postby SteveA » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:58 pm

That's right, just at the beginning of a session.

Return to “Absolute Pitch Avenue”