Does it help?

Comments and questions about AP Avenue.
tonejam

Does it help?

Post by tonejam » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:44 am

I was re-reading the comments I had made after finishing APB, and came across a congratulatory comment someone had offered. The writer asked whether I had noticed an improvement in my musical ability. I hadn't replied, and I felt a twinge of conscience.
I then remembered why I hadn't replied. I had not wished to discourage the writer from continuing his quest for absolute pitch. I haven't noticed any improvement at all. There may have been some, but not to my knowledge. I'm not disillusioned however, I'd HOPED for some, but hadn't expected any. I just want to have absolute pitch.
Many would see the ability to recognise notes and name them as an improvement in musical ability, but does this help you DO stuff? So far, I haven't found this to be the case.
Why am I writing this? I guess as a warning to those of you who have been influenced by flashy, "David L. Burgh" (is that his name?) type magazine ads that tell you Perfect Pitch will change your life. It's changed HIS life, those ads have made him rich! I hope it helps you, if you achieve it, but keep a level head.
I chose APB because I liked Chris' honesty. He tells you what he thinks it can do for you. He doesn't oversell it. I certainly believe it works.
cheers, Bill Payne (Tonejam).