Very Important! Problem with Ave 188!

Comments and questions about AP Avenue.
gavriel

Very Important! Problem with Ave 188!

Postby gavriel » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:28 am

Hi everybody.

I am writing to you after a long break.
Last time I was on the forum was months ago.

I have no finished Interval Loader twice (the whole game).
It is fantastic. Was easy for me since I have a very good relative pitch (am a professional musician).

However, with APA I am facing a technical Bug since more than half a year.
Chris seems to not be able to help me out so I am posting the question to all of you here. Maybe one of you has had the same problem or has an idea how to resolve it.

When I get to Avenue 188 (on C) a new sound is being introduced that the system cannot play correctly.
I tried all instruments but the sound that comes out is distorted (I mean really totally distorted) - even if I use a piano sound.

I have tried everything.
I got to Avenu 188 a few times and it always happens in this Avenue.
I tried reinstalling the game anew, used three different Mac systems, tried older versions of the game.

It is really heart breaking not to be able to play this game.
I haven't checked if the same problem appears on the other pitches (for example Avenue 188 on G).

PLEASE, CAN SOMEBODY HELP?

very frustrating..

tonejam

AVE 188

Postby tonejam » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:18 am

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I am also having problems with ave 188. I'm not getting distortion, but I thought my ear was letting me down, until I realised that the program is producing incorrect results. I have completed Absolute Pitch Blaster, so my ear knows what its doing. Don't know if its happening with all pitches, but BIG problem with C note!
regards, Bill (tonejam)

Peder

Postby Peder » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:42 am

Got the same problem, but I thought it was just at that particular level.. but Im on ave 201 and its still here, so...

anyone who knows when it eventually goes back to normal?

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Ah ha! A replication of the error! (I haven't been able to make it happen.)

Are you also using a Mac? I wonder if it's something particular to Mac configuration.

Peder

Postby Peder » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:39 pm

Yes, Im also on mac. This is what it sounds like (I used a free mp3-upload site so theres lots of advertisement..):
APA error.m4a - 0.27MB

Thanks for a great software by the way, after using for only 3 days I already feel closer to perfect pitch than 2 years with the D.L. Burge-"super"-cours (I tried 3 times, for periods of 2-4 months, but with minimal improvement..)

Nikolaus

Postby Nikolaus » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:22 am

DLB's course is really a scale degree recognition course in either C or A major. If you sat down and patiently tackled each and every exercise in that course, then you would have developed the ability to discern random four and five note chords. Now does that sound useless to you? The DLB AP course is many things, but useless is not one of them. A link, if I may:

http://www.miles.be/art_singer.html

On an interesting note, Bruce Arnold studied under Charlie Banacos in his early years. For those who know anything about Bruce Arnold's work, it makes sense, doesn't it?

gavriel

Postby gavriel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Peder wrote:Yes, Im also on mac. This is what it sounds like (I used a free mp3-upload site so theres lots of advertisement..):
APA error.m4a - 0.27MB

Thanks for a great software by the way, after using for only 3 days I already feel closer to perfect pitch than 2 years with the D.L. Burge-"super"-cours (I tried 3 times, for periods of 2-4 months, but with minimal improvement..)

exactly!!
This is exactly the problem I have since half a year.
Nothing helped and I finally left ETC altogether frustrated and not being able to continue with APA.
Chris, Can you please make another effort to find out what is the reason for this malfunction. So frustrating...

Return to “Absolute Pitch Avenue”