saving progress

Comments and questions about AP Avenue.
Space

saving progress

Postby Space » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Ok, tell me straight. Is there a way to save progress portably? Like, I could have my progress separate from ETC6, put it on a disc and carry it anywhere? I tried to save the ETC4 files but it didn't work. I put them on a disc and when I went to put them on the computer the next day, they didn't work. The files were on the disc and they claimed to be so many KBs but when I downloaded ETC4, they didn't 'connect' to it. When I started ETC up I was just back at the beginning again.

I'm really starting to lost my mind over all this!

Rob

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:18 pm

It isn't designed to be portable, true-- but at the same time, there's no kind of validity check. If your old files are placed in the same directory as where new files are/would be created, ETC will read and use them as current.

Space

Postby Space » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:41 am

Awe man! Apparantly I missed that point before. I saved the ETC files to a disk and when I D-Loaded ETC the next day I put the files in the same folder as ETC rather than the folder I originally got them from.

Library's closed on Sunday. I'll see if it works on Monday.

Thanks, Chris!

Space Person

Space

Postby Space » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:41 pm

SUCCESS!!! I put the ETC files onto a disk, then went to another computer, put them in the same folder (Application Data) and then DL'ed ETC, started APA and I was right where I left off!

JOY!

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:56 pm

Groovy, baby.

Return to “Absolute Pitch Avenue”