Recommendations please!

Comments and questions about AP Avenue.
aboynamedchris

Recommendations please!

Postby aboynamedchris » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:27 pm

I can always return to the same pitch and do another x amount of hits. But how many hits would suggest that i complete before moving on with another pitch?

Cheers,

Chris

gurureoul

Thinking the same thing, sort of...

Postby gurureoul » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:20 pm

I just recently got through level one hundred of the red egg. I had struggled when I hit different octaves, and am now switching to random instruments as a post I read said it was effective for hearing the pitch in different octaves. But, recently having reached the big 100 for red, I have 6 other pitches I could choose from now...

And the questions started coming to me: Should I focus on hearing the red egg with different timbres? Should I persevere with the red egg, until I am more comfortable recognize it, or should I switch between various pitches and get a better feel for the chroma spectrum? If I do choose to mix up the pitches, how long should I stick with each pitch before trying another? Should I go sequentially through advancing one road (Ave., St., etc.) at a time? Or should I stick with each pitch for multiple games, and advance to other to other pitches in sections? Should I keep focusing on the red egg while at the same time trying out new colored eggs at a lesser rate?

I don't know. What do others think? What are your thoughts/opinions on how to deal with the introduction of additional pitches?

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:36 pm

I just modified the program to make this a non-issue; each time you reach level 120 on a particular pitch, ONE more pitch will be introduced, again in the order from "easiest" to "most difficult" described by Miyazaki (1988).

Return to “Absolute Pitch Avenue”