Lack of correction in APB?

Comments and questions about AP Avenue.
Roman

Lack of correction in APB?

Post by Roman » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:05 pm

Hi,
I'm concerned that when I make a mistake in APB I don't know why and therefore I can't really learn anything.

For instance, this afternoon I was positive I wasn't hearing a C but I was. I now why, because it was playing a major 7 and the dissonance (I don't know if that's the word in english) in the low notes made my ear hear the C differently.

Maybe, when you are wrong the program could display the notes you just heard so that you can write it down and play it in the piano (it could be an option). Or, in case you missed the C, just play the same music but with a C so that one can check the difference. I don't know, but I think when you are doubtfull and you make a mistake is actually a good moment for a significant learning to occur.

I've notice that everytime you made a mistake, one of the 6 blue buttons of the "launch code" actually plays the same melody/chord you missed, But I sometimes have to search for it, getting distracted from the feeling I have been concentrating on. Maybe that button could be a separate one (or a different colour), that you could press right after you make the mistake. It would also clarify the point that you are getting the same one you failed (it took a while for me to realise that). Anyway what is still missed is the comparison between what's wrong and what's right.

What I do: I place an electric keyboard by my side.