APPT Avenue Perfect Pitcher Trainers and ME

Comments and questions about AP Avenue.
enriquel

APPT Avenue Perfect Pitcher Trainers and ME

Postby enriquel » Wed May 23, 2012 11:50 am

Hello everyone, i am musician... 9 days ago i started to train my way to absolute pitch... in this 9 days i can effectively and accurate recall C, D, G, A and B... accuracy like 97%

On my google research i found that "learning the tones and being able to recall without external sounds isnt the real deal"....

now i look for advice

Some relevant info and details......

Hmmm, my way of trainning... i take the guitar and play/recall the notes in no specific order... sometimes i just listen to them, other times i try to recall before playing the note, sometimes i recall without "singing" the note... and when i am not training sometimes i recall notes in my head and test em...

Doesnt want to sound obvius i focused more on the notes that i can succesfull recall now...

Time of training in this last 9 days.... like 6-9 hours

Additionaly if i listen to a sound, no matter if its in a song or the toilet or whatever i try to repeat it in my voice... when i believe that my voice is "singing" the tune i externally listened i can for example give a though on what tone it is... for example i think hmmmm D?, how it sound?, then i play it in my head and i realize with relative for example that its a E or a F or a D# for example...

Once again i ask for advices... my progress on "memorizing" and etc is slow, fast, normal.... judging all the facts of my trainning experience how should i procced, what should i expect?.... all you can teach, share and guess and all about AP and learning related to me will be what i am willing to get here.....

My english is bad, i am not english speaker so i apologize... i am considered veeeeeery good musician.. more specific guitarrist, and mooore specific flamenco if i can return the attention and detail of reading my words i will very pleased... willing to read and being readed

Thanks a lot to all readers good luck
Last edited by enriquel on Mon May 28, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Archbold

Postby Archbold » Sun May 27, 2012 10:17 pm

No sir chroma exists. It's just the color of the note. It's what separates C from D.

The one thing I have to say is AP possessors seem to be hearing something that us normal people can't hear.

I wonder what it is!

My suggestion would be to use Prolobe in order to train your pitch and Chris Arrufo's program in order to be able to hear chroma properly.

enriquel

Postby enriquel » Mon May 28, 2012 10:06 am

Archbold wrote:No sir chroma exists. It's just the color of the note. It's what separates C from D.

The one thing I have to say is AP possessors seem to be hearing something that us normal people can't hear.

I wonder what it is!

My suggestion would be to use Prolobe in order to train your pitch and Chris Arrufo's program in order to be able to hear chroma properly.

oh my god, i edited my post... then i cleaned all the stuff about chroma but i forgot that line, what i am trying to say is that i believe in chroma and this is all a mistake :P, thanks for u advice and my apologize

pianoforte

Postby pianoforte » Mon May 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Why do you want perfect pitch? Are you trying to improve your musical ability? Since no one has (certainly) learned perfect pitch using prolobe or Aruffo's program, neither seems like a sensible option to me.

Assuming you are trying to improve your listening skills and musical ability, there are better ways. Lots of jazz pianists are great at improvisation without having perfect pitch. I wish I could tell you their secrets but I don't have them! Sight singing and transposition are two techniques that some musicians use. I can't attest to their effectiveness though.

enriquel

Postby enriquel » Tue May 29, 2012 11:04 am

pianoforte wrote:Why do you want perfect pitch? Are you trying to improve your musical ability? Since no one has (certainly) learned perfect pitch using prolobe or Aruffo's program, neither seems like a sensible option to me.

Assuming you are trying to improve your listening skills and musical ability, there are better ways. Lots of jazz pianists are great at improvisation without having perfect pitch. I wish I could tell you their secrets but I don't have them! Sight singing and transposition are two techniques that some musicians use. I can't attest to their effectiveness though.

i apreciate ur hints

Return to “Absolute Pitch Avenue”