Errors in higher levels.

Comments and questions about AP Avenue.
Space

Errors in higher levels.

Postby Space » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:56 pm

I've noticed in playing APA that when you get up to higher levels, like beyond 180 or so of a particular pitch, you start to encounter errors in the eggs where the game says there is or is not a target pitch where you are absolutely 110% sure that there is or is not. I'm on the red egg on the first chick of 196th ave. Eggs 1 and 2 clearly have a C in them, the other 3 do not and it keeps telling me I'm wrong! Argh!

Rob

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Yes.. that's been brought to my notice. Naturally I find it more than slightly alarming.

I've recently managed to recover my original source from the Realbasic upgrade snafu (which destroyed the game's hundreds of little images) but there are bugs in Note Boat which have been preventing a fix-release. I apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Space

Postby Space » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:12 pm

No problem, homz! Your software has always been exceedingly helpful in my quest for monster musical ears. Ha.

I can work around that particular bug, but I don't know how much of a pain it is for others.

Also, to be honest, I could never figure out the point of noteboat myself. Perhaps it has something to do with the bugs?

Rob

Magick

Postby Magick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:13 am

Yea, I've tried notebote a couple times but it is incomprehensible to me right now. That's okay, I've only just started on APA, not even to the second egg yet, so thanks for everything you do Aruffo!

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:55 am

I was considering just removing Note Boat-- it was a hasty addition, and highly theoretical-- but had been entreated (by whom, I forget) to keep it in. Maybe its removal, even if semi-temporary, would speed things along... considering that it really is the main obstacle right now.

Magick

Postby Magick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:26 pm

Hey Aruffo, Do what you feel is necessary. Take it in the direction that you want to take it in. I believe that the idea is probably sound, but I also think you should view what people say to you as feedback (they like this, they like that, it works, it doesn't, etc), not as the final say for what you should or should not do. This is your work. I want to play pitch blaster because I think it sounds like fun, but I use APA because it works.

Due to the time constraints that we all face in this world I don't even have time to play anything but APA and some interval loader, along with my other ear training on most days, so having pitch blaster would be extraneous. Do what you feel is right to continue in your work towards your goals, and I'll be here to give you feedback if you ever need it. If you need any testing, feedback, or anything else, feel free to message me.

Return to “Absolute Pitch Avenue”