levlewtwelvel

Comments and questions about Absolute Pitch Painter
aruffo
Site Admin

levlewtwelvel

Postby aruffo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:43 am

Okay! Now I've played one game with a new octave included-- a Small game, so only the new tone and its neighbor are included. And this first game is certainly disorienting, in two particular ways.

Because the tones in play were previously the highest and lowest, it's peculiar to now have a tone that is higher still. I keep reflexively trying to place the high tones in the rightmost vat and then checking myself.

Because the lower tone is a pitch category above the higher tone (F# and G, to be precise), when the F# is followed by a low G I often perceive this as a half-step up rather than a near-octave drop.

After waiting so long to do the level-up procedure for Level 11, there was no obvious evidence for categorical perception... in fact, where peaks occurred, they seemed to be at the categorical center for ascending tones, rather than at the boundaries for descending. Curious! I'll be interested to see if that changes back again after more game-playing.

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:12 am

Not that there are really any interesting stats to look at yet, because I'm still on the Small games, but it appears that I need to do a minor overhaul of the stats-display routines so that it understands there are more than 11 levels now.

EvilBlade

Postby EvilBlade » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Hey Chris! Have you got any juicy news for your dear followers? :D

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:47 pm

Would that I did. I've been completely derailed over the past few months by unfortunate personal issues. But I'm coming out of the woods soon, as it were, and will be back in the fray.

EvilBlade

Postby EvilBlade » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing better now. Best of luck! :)

Return to “Absolute Pitch Painter”