Ear exhaustion?

Comments and questions about Absolute Pitch Painter
Angelman

Ear exhaustion?

Postby Angelman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:40 pm

I hadn't played with ETC in a while so I had reset my scores on everything to start from scratch and I was progressing as smoothly as I have before.

So with version 7 of ETC, I enthusiastically have been playing the APP game and graduated to level 2 recently.

I was at level 38 in the APA game, before the update, so I don't know if it's that I haven't given my ear a break or what but when I try to play APA now, I am struggling more trying to hear the tone than before I did the APP game. Before I reset my scores I had reached the level in which you get a new tone to work on if you wish. Now I can barely move on to level 39.

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:04 pm

That's interesting.. it's the opposite of my experience. I absolutely blazed through all the APA levels from 1 up to 59, where the new octaves are introduced, even though I hadn't played in an embarrassingly long time. There wasn't any difficulty or hesitation about it... it was just obviously there (or not) no matter how many other tones were present.

Granted, now I'm struggling with the multiple octaves, but from my immediately-prior APA experience, this has more to do with octave equivalence than chroma detection.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:20 am

I think I may have been right, I had to go into it in a relaxed, calm manner and I was able to move to level 50 relatively quick. I'm still slower than I used to be but at least I'm progressing again.

Return to “Absolute Pitch Painter”