Hello everyone!! I'd like to hear Your feedbacks!

Anything that's nothing to do with music.
Matt Uk

Hello everyone!! I'd like to hear Your feedbacks!

Postby Matt Uk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:47 am

Hello guys!!

My name is Matt, I am a professional drummer based in London, but originally from Italy. I came across this forum few days ago in the process to read more about Absolute Pitch. AP runs in my family, my father is a musician and my little brother has it as well, I never really focus too much on Ap and how it works etc. I always knew that was the skill that allow someone to recognise a pitch without reference etc. I started to play bass couple of years ago and having to work with notes/intervals/chords etc. made me realise that I have a good ear even if I am sure I don't have perfect pitch. Now, I am still not convinced that an adult could develop it and I would like to read your feedback about that...I got the "perfect pitch super course" by Burge, but I am not 100% sure about it...reading about vowels and notes somehow turned a light in my head, as if it would make sense for me, hard to explain...did any of you achieve good result with Pitch avenue etc.? Also I got the program today (thanks Chris) but the pitch painter crashes on my iMac...any advise?

Looking forward to read your answers and feedback...

Have a good day folks!!

Matt

aruffo
Site Admin

Re: Hello everyone!! I'd like to hear Your feedbacks!

Postby aruffo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:49 pm

What kind of error message do you get when APP crashes?

Matt Uk

Postby Matt Uk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:49 pm

aruffo wrote:What kind of error message do you get when APP crashes?

Hello Chris, sorry for my late reply, I hope you and the rest of the guys/girls here in the forum had a great Christmas!!

I have a late 2011 iMac, running Sierra at the moment... here the error:

"An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down"

I've read that "Absolute pitch Painter" it's an important app to use along "perfect pitch avenue" and I would like to be able to use it...

Many thanks!

Matt

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:03 pm

You might be missing the "tones" folder in the ETC directory. You'll find "tones" in the same ZIP that you downloaded with the program in it.

Matt Uk

Postby Matt Uk » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:45 am

aruffo wrote:You might be missing the "tones" folder in the ETC directory. You'll find "tones" in the same ZIP that you downloaded with the program in it.

Hello Chris and happy new year :D

I can see the "tones" folder, should I move it in the "contents" folder? I tried that, but no luck...

Many thanks

Matt

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Whichever folder you have the ETC executable in should also house the folder called "tones".

Matt Uk

Postby Matt Uk » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:43 pm

aruffo wrote:Whichever folder you have the ETC executable in should also house the folder called "tones".

Thanks Chris, I tried it now, looks like the Exec file is in the macOS folder, I moved the Tones folder there, but the error still there :-/

Matt

Matt Uk

Postby Matt Uk » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:10 am

aruffo wrote:Whichever folder you have the ETC executable in should also house the folder called "tones".

Looks like the forum is not really active anymore?

M

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:44 am

It's definitely not as active as it used to be. It doesn't help that phpBB is not effective in keeping out spam—I had to change the settings so that nobody can make an initial post without registering and being approved by me, and I am sure that that has prevented some more casual observers from participating. But I have to fend off at least two dozen spam postings every day. It's frustrating.

Return to “Completely unrelated discussion”