Bug or design? Starts with newly added chord

Comments and questions about Chordhopper.
pallamf

Bug or design? Starts with newly added chord

Post by pallamf » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi,
Something I noticed. When a new chord is added, this is always the first chord sounded. Is this by design or a bug? It does make it easier since I know what it is, but then it makes it easier to get the other chords by relative pitch instead of hearing the chord and selecting it.

I used to have trouble after the single notes on the bar play because I loose the relative pitch. Now that I know is the newly added chord, I can sync in quickly, but am wondering if this is counter productive. Or perhaps with more chords in the upper levels, it doesn't matter?

Thanks, Mike

aruffo
Site Admin

Post by aruffo » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:46 pm

Yes, it is deliberate. I'm not worried about the strategy a person uses to recognize/identify the chords; as long as they're being listened to, I figure that's the important thing for this game.

henry

Post by henry » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:18 pm

I had this same question, but also ive noticed that if I miss the first chord (ie with 50 hops left) i dont get a 'fly' regardless of how many more I miss. Its frustrating because If I start playing the game, I have no reference so I often miss the first chord, so I have to do 50 hops before I can play for credit. Is this a bug or intentional? Has anyone else noticed this?

aruffo
Site Admin

Post by aruffo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:44 pm

To be sure it's intentional. The chords aren't meant to be recognized in reference to each other. If you're still using that strategy, the game shouldn't advance you.

See if you can change your strategy to recognize the chords absolutely. I'd recommend using familiar songs. For example, I recognize the ticket because it sounds like "O-Bla-Di".