minor error maybe

Comments and questions about Chordhopper.
pianoman86

minor error maybe

Postby pianoman86 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:58 am

When I have played the chordhopper game, when I get to the choosing of the single notes in the first level if I chosse the correct answer really fast then it stops asking me and we go back to chords, (after asking just one note). So my points are olny at around 60, when I usually get my points up to around 95 after playing the single note part. It has only happened a few times.
What is the worth of the note part anyways, considering it already highlights the answer, (I guess it reinforces the pitches.)

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:39 am

Your guess is correct; it is there just to reinforce the pitches. Once you get to a starting distance of 12 meters, the light-up clue disappears.

I'm still not entirely happy with how the single-tone thing is not really integrated into the game, but is more of an interruption; all the same, it's bothering me less than it had been.

The bug you're experiencing is the fact that I neglected to disable multiple inputs after each tone. That's been fixed.

KosciaK

Postby KosciaK » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:20 am

I've encoutered something strange in this single pitch thing in CH. When you are using mouse to choose your answer everything is ok. But if you use keyboard strange things happans - notes are played with higher velocity (most probabely velocity, seems a bit louder and more harsh) and sometimes (noticed that several times for B) are played octave higher then they should (or at least it seemed so)

aruffo
Site Admin

Postby aruffo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:54 am

There's nothing in the program that would cause such an effect, as far as I'm aware-- although... what's your current starting distance? Octaves do start to come in at some point.

KosciaK

Postby KosciaK » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:19 am

It was on the first meter, now it is on the second meter.
I play CH mostly using mouse because it's much easier to push the wrong button on the keyboard.
In pitch thing when giving answers with the mouse all notes (question and answers) are with the same velocity and sounds the same. It goes like ring (question) ring (mouse over) ring ring (after clicking, button pushed and the second sound on button release? I'm not sure, never just pushed the button without immediately releasing it). Using keyboard it's ring (question) ring with higher velocity, more harsh (after hitting the key)
I've just played two games. In the first one I was using keyboard but I wasn't trying to answer as fast as possible. Nothing strange with octaves happend. In the second game I was giving answers using mouse, except for B - I pressed the "F" button as quickly as possible and it was played octave higher

Return to “Chordhopper”