Stricter In Later Levels

Comments and questions about Chordhopper.
LadyBluebell

Stricter In Later Levels

Postby LadyBluebell » Wed May 24, 2017 1:39 pm

Hello. I realize I should reach for perfection, but I am a bit confused by something.

I am now starting at 47 meters. I was doing quite well, rarely failing a round, but I started doing terribly either at 45 or 43. It is because of difficulty distinguishing a few chords from one another.

I also could not figure out the short-cut for the grey sock, so I touched each on this side. I looked again several chords later & learned they were numbers. So learning short-cuts all at once contributed to part of my issue.

Before this, it seemed like I could make 4 or 5 mistakes & still pass a round. If I got my final icon at chord 6 or higher, I could pass the round. I hardly ever failed to get a fly until recently, but it seemed that there was a bit more leeway for mistakes in the last icon. This is something I have not figured out.

Specifically, if I made a mistake on chord 39, I would get the wheel to choose individual notes on chord 29 instead of 30. Each mistake on my part made a difference of one chord. If I made no more mistakes in this example, I would get my last icon at chord 9.

But recently, each mistake is counting as 2. When I make a single mistake, it moves me to getting the wheel at 28 instead of 29.

I could pass a round with 4 mistakes regardless earlier. Now 2 is max.

I also found depending I could pass with a 5th mistake at the end, perhaps last introduced chord. That is no longer the case.

I was just wondering if this is to be expected, or if one or the other is a glitch. Thanks!

aruffo
Site Admin

Re: Stricter In Later Levels

Postby aruffo » Thu May 25, 2017 10:02 am

It's been a while since I looked at the code, but yes, that does sound right.!

Return to “Chordhopper”